Hello my dears!
Christmas and the holidays are drawing closer and I can hardly wait! When I’m not busy finishing stuff for university or working – then, I am baking loooads of Christmas cookies.
The ones I show you here are not super traditional, but in any case super delicious. The dough is soft and full of Toblerone bits and the cookie is covered with an even more chocolately glaze. And they smell wonderfully of coffee…what more can you possibly want from a cookie?
What I love about these cookies apart from their deliciousness is how easily and quickly they are made. While some cookies such as my beloved “Spitzbuben” are time-intensive and afterwards far too quickly eaten, these here are done in a jiffy (but also quickly eaten, to be honest… 😉 ).
Merry Christmas to you all and much love!
P.S. Here you can see how my friends on 4 paws are celebrating their Christmas… ❤
P.P.S. Isn’t this handmade étagère fabulously Christmassy? I bought it at a small local Christmas market. 🙂
preparation time: about 20 min
baking time: 8-10 min
yield: about 60 Cookies
- 200g butter
- 200g muscovado sugar
- 4 tsp. vanilla sugar
- 2 tbsp. espresso instant powder
- 4 tbsp. cacao powder
- 2 eggs
- 150g Toblerone chocolate, chopped
- 100g almond slivers, roasted
- 300g flour
- 2 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 bag of dark cake glaze (which is about 150g)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line three baking tins with baking parchment.
- Roast the almond slivers in a frying pan without fat. Set aside and let it cool down.
- Whisk butter in a bowl until creamy.
- Add muscovado sugar, vanilla sugar, salt, espresso powder, cacao powder and eggs, whisk until the mixture is lighter.
- Chop Toblerone into small pieces, add together with the almond slivers, stir.
- Sieve flour and baking powder on top and combine the mixture to form a (sticky J) dough.
- Form spheres about the size of am unopened walnut. Put onto the baking parchment with at least 7 cm distance from one to the other. Set aside in a cool place for 15 minutes.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, during this time the spheres will melt into small heaps.
- Melt the cake glaze and pipe onto the (cold) cookies with quick movements.
(recipe after „Das neue Guetzlibuch“ from Betty Bossi)
To get a printed version:
Download the pdf. (Both English and German versions available!)