Some of you might have spotted it already – I had the pleasure of writing a recipe for a healthy dessert for Schweizer Gesundheitstage. You can find the post concerning my creation right here. And now, it want share it with you as well, in both English and German, of course.I looove blackberries and I am so happy to have them sweet and ripe in my garden at the moment. They’re not only delicious to eat, but also very healthy. In order to keep the whole dessert healthy, I reduced the amount of sugar to a minimum and substituted it partly with elderflower syrup. Additionally, I used muscovado sugar instead of white sugar und chose yoghurt over cream.
This gives you a light and refreshing dessert you won’t have any remorse or regrets about. Enjoy and treat yourself!
Blackberry Elderflower Frozen Yoghurt
preparation time: 10 minutes
total time: 30-40 minutes (with an ice-cream-maker)
- 450g fresh blackberries
- 90g muscovado sugar
- 540g Greek yoghurt
- a few drops of lemon juice
- 3-4 tbsp. elderflower syrup
- optionally: little powdered sugar
- Put the blackberries and the sugar into a small pot and bring to the boil. Then, let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Press the blackberries through a sieve into a bowl. If the mixture you get is very hot, put it into the fridge for a few minutes.
- Add yoghurt, lemon juice and elderflower syrup.
- Taste the mixture – depending on the sweetness of the blackberries you might want to add a bit of powdered sugar now. Be careful: Through the freezing process, the mixture will lose a bit of sweetness.
- Put the blackberry mixture into the ice cream maker and freeze it according to the manufacturer’s instructions. For a soft texture consume right now, for a firmer texture place it into a container and put it into the freezer as long as you like. Tip: Of course, this recipe works also without an ice-cream-maker. Just put the mixture into the freezer and whisk every hour until the mixture is frozen.
To get a printed version: Download the pdf. (Both English and German versions available!)