Today I have some lovely and very chocolately cupcakes for you! I discovered their recipe on the wonderful blog Alinas Glücklichmacher. Her pictures looked soooo good – I simply had to give her recipe a try!
I made the Dulce de Leche myself – it was super easy and the result absolutely delicious.
You can find my slightly adapted version of Alina’s recipe below, and here you can find her version.
I really liked the combination of the crumbly muffin and the soft, creamy frosting. Also, the flavours, chocoalte and caramel, go simply fabulous together. My tip for the frosting: Let it stay in the fridge for no less than 1hour! At the beginning, my frosting was quite runny. After 40 minutes, it was already quite set – and after 1 hour, it was perfect. Below you can see the difference between 40 minutes (right) and 60 minutes (left) of waiting. Waiting was really worth it, in my opinion. 🙂
Enjoy this long weekend!
Chocolate-Caramel Cucpakes with Dulce de Leche-Frosting
yield: 10 cupcakes
preparation time: 25 min
baking time: 25 min
if you prepare the Dulce de Leche yourself: 2h additional waiting time
|For the muffns:
||For the frosting:
To prepare the Dulce de Leche:
- For the preparation of the Dulce de Leche: Press the content of the tube of Dulce de Leche into a clean jam jar and close it firmly. Put the jar into a pot with boiling water for about 2 hours until the sweetened condensed milk has the colour of caramel. Let it cool down.
- Whisk mascarpone, Dulce de Leche, whipping cream stiffener, sugar and vanilla-extract together. Important: Let the mixture cool down for at least 1 hour in the fridge! Only thus, the frosting can reach the perfect consistence.
- In the meantime, prepare the muffins: Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Melt chocolate and butter over a bain-marie, mix the two and let the mixture cool down a bit.
- Sieve flour and baking powder and combine it with the sugar and the eggs.
- Add the chocolate-mixture and whisk shortly.
- Cut or break the caramel chocolate into coarse pieces and add them to the dough.
- Distribute the dough into the muffin forms and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool down completely, then pipe the frosting onto them.
(recipe adapted from a recipe by „Alinas Glücklichmacher“)
To get a printed version:
Download the pdf. (Both English and German versions available!)