Today I just quickly want to show you this lovely Rhubarb Tarte I made with rhubarb from my organic garden!
I saw a picture of the tarte with this beautiful weaving pattern on the Instagram profile of “Das Knusperstübchen“. Sarah’s blog is soooo wonderful and there are many more recipes I would like to give a try.
This one here worked out perfectly, the only thing I will improve when I bake it again is the thickness of the rhubarb stripes. Mine were a bit too thin, which made them both delicate to handle and a bit crisp in the final result of the cake. Apart from that, I was super happy. As you can see, I served it with a bit of cream and muscovado-sugar on top. The tarte was also a great success with my family, by the way. 😉
Here you can see how I “weaved”. A step-by-step instruction and the recipe of this wonderful tarte can be found right here.
Enjoy your Weekend!
Hello my dears!
Today I have some lovely and very chocolately cupcakes for you! I discovered their recipe on the wonderful blog Alinas Glücklichmacher. Her pictures looked soooo good – I simply had to give her recipe a try!
I made the Dulce de Leche myself – it was super easy and the result absolutely delicious.
You can find my slightly adapted version of Alina’s recipe below, and here you can find her version.
I really liked the combination of the crumbly muffin and the soft, creamy frosting. Also, the flavours, chocoalte and caramel, go simply fabulous together. My tip for the frosting: Let it stay in the fridge for no less than 1hour! At the beginning, my frosting was quite runny. After 40 minutes, it was already quite set – and after 1 hour, it was perfect. Below you can see the difference between 40 minutes (right) and 60 minutes (left) of waiting. Waiting was really worth it, in my opinion. 🙂
Enjoy this long weekend!
Chocolate-Caramel Cucpakes with Dulce de Leche-Frosting
yield: 10 cupcakes
preparation time: 25 min
baking time: 25 min
if you prepare the Dulce de Leche yourself: 2h additional waiting time
|For the muffns:
- 150g dark chocolate
- 110g butter
- 160g flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 65g muscovado-sugar
- 55g white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 60g coarsely chopped/broken caramel chocolate (or another chocolate of your choice)
|For the frosting:
- 250g mascarpone
- 6 tbsp. dulce de leche
- 1 sachet whipping cream stiffener
- 1 tsp. muscovado sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla-extract
To prepare the Dulce de Leche:
- 1 tube of sweetened condensed milk
- For the preparation of the Dulce de Leche: Press the content of the tube of Dulce de Leche into a clean jam jar and close it firmly. Put the jar into a pot with boiling water for about 2 hours until the sweetened condensed milk has the colour of caramel. Let it cool down.
- Whisk mascarpone, Dulce de Leche, whipping cream stiffener, sugar and vanilla-extract together. Important: Let the mixture cool down for at least 1 hour in the fridge! Only thus, the frosting can reach the perfect consistence.
- In the meantime, prepare the muffins: Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Melt chocolate and butter over a bain-marie, mix the two and let the mixture cool down a bit.
- Sieve flour and baking powder and combine it with the sugar and the eggs.
- Add the chocolate-mixture and whisk shortly.
- Cut or break the caramel chocolate into coarse pieces and add them to the dough.
- Distribute the dough into the muffin forms and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool down completely, then pipe the frosting onto them.
(recipe adapted from a recipe by „Alinas Glücklichmacher“)
To get a printed version:
Download the pdf. (Both English and German versions available!)
Chocolate-Caramel Cucpakes with Dulce de Leche-Frosting – Kopie
Schokoladen-Caramel-Cupcakes mit Dulce de Leche Frosting
Happy Mother’s Day, everyone!
Of course, today, my wonderful beloved Mum could choose what I should bake for our dessert. She wished for something nice and simple that would not cause too much chaos in our kitchen. As I myself am very busy at the moment (= little baking time), I decided to make simple Raspberry Tartelettes with Crème Patissière.
I have already made very similar Strawberry Tartelettes last year – check out the recipe here. This year, I decided to buy the bases for the tartelettes at our local bakery. Their quality is fantastic – they’re crisp and simply delicious!Today, I made the crème patissière and decorated the tartelettes with raspberries (some also with strawberries – as my Dad prefers them 😉 ), cream and a pineapple mint leaf. So simple – and sooooo good!
Enjoy this lovely day!
Much love (especially for my Mum ❤ ),