Last Friday evening I suddenly craved waffles and only 20 minutes later I had a whole stack of them – that was pure bliss!
I love this recipe because it is so light and fluffy – no butter or fat is used (except to grease the waffle iron). Of course, you can serve them with any fruit, I chose a very sweet combination: peach and wild strawberries from my garden. ❤Whatever decoration you choose, these wonderfully light and crisp yet fluffy waffles can definitely save your day – and the day of all those who will get to taste them, too!
Fluffy Waffles with Peach and Wild Strawberries
Working time: about 10 minutes
Baking time: 1-2 minutes per waffle
Yield: about 10 waffles
- 4 eggs
- 140g sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp. warme water
- 1 tbsp. Grand Marnier
- zest of ½ lemon
- 100g flour
- 20g cornflour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- butter, to grease the waffle iron
- 2 peaches
- a few handful of wild strawberries
- confectioners‘ sugar
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks. Put the egg yolks into a large bowl and put the egg whites into a medium sized bowl.
- Add sugar, one pinch of salt, warm water and Grand Marnier to the egg yolks. Whisk until light and fluffy. Add zest of 1/2 lemon. Set aside.
- Add a pinch of salt to the egg whites and whisk with an electric whisk until stiff. Put the whipped egg whites on top of the egg yolk-mixture.
- Sift the flour, cornflour and baking powder on top. Gently fold in and combine, trying to keep the volume.
- Preheat the waffle iron and grease before each waffle. Bake the waffles for about 1-2 minutes each or until golden brown. Decorate with peach slices and wild strawberreis.
(recipe adapted from „Waffeln“ by Sandra Fischer)
To get a printed version: Download the pdf. (Both English and German versions available!)