I scream, you scream, we scream for ICE CREAM! It’s getting hot – and the hotter it gets, the more ice cream we need!This raspberry ice cream will fulfill all your ice cream dreams – it’s so incredibly fruity and creamy and the colour! Oh my, I think I need some more.
So, think pink and love raspberry ice cream – it’s as simple as that.
By the way – this ice cream goes perfectly with the Blueberry Sorbet I’ve shown you a couple of weeks ago. A really irresistible couple both in taste and making – because you can use the spare egg whites for the Blueberry Sorbet. It seems as if they had been made for each other… ❤
Raspberry Ice Cream
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30-40 minutes (with an ice-cream-maker)
- 250g fresh raspberries
- 140g sugar
- little lemon juice
- 3 egg yolks
- 150ml milk
- 150g cream
- Whisk egg yellows and sugar in a bowl (with an electric whisk) until very creamy.
- Put milk and cream in a pot and heat up to about 75°C. Then, pour it carefully into the egg yolk mixture (while whisking). Put the mixture on a bain-marie or (carefully!) back into the pot and heat again until the mixture thickens.
- Put the ice cream mixture into the fridge and let it cool down.
- Blend the raspberries and lemon juice and mix into the cooled ice cream mixture.
- Put the raspberry ice cream mixture into the ice cream maker and freeze it according to the manufacturer’s instructions. For a soft texture consume right now, for a firmer texture place it into a container and put it into the freezer as long as you like.
(recipe after “Eis-Träume – Selbstgemachtes aus Früchten, Milch und mehr” by Sabine d’Agostino)
To get a printed version: Download the pdf. (Both English and German versions available!)