It won’t get any easier and it won’t get any faster. This recipe is so incredibly simple you’ll be happily enjoying your homemade ice cream before you’ve even realised that you’re making it. Doesn’t sound logical to you? Well, I must confess, after two days of semester finals at the university my brain isn’t exactly as fresh as usually, but believe me, I can still prepare this ice cream. Because anyone can, it’s really easy-peasy!
There are only 4 ingredients needed, the ice cream is vegan and less heavy than most “traditional” ice creams. Furthermore, it is wonderfully refreshing and creamy…ohh, really, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be making it right now, believe me!
Coconut Raspberry Ice Cream
Preparation time: 5 min
Total time: 30-40 min (with an ice cream-machine)
- 5 dl Thai coconut milk (if possible, stored in the fridge for at least 4h)
- ¼ – ½ cup white sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup raspberries (frozen)
- Whisk the coconut milk, sugar and vanilla extract until the mixture is nicely blended. If you use really cold coconut milk it can even reach stiff texture.
- Put the mixture into the ice cream maker and freeze it according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- When the ice cream is almost done, get the frozen raspberries out of the freezer. Put them in a little plastic bag and use a rolling pin (or something similar) to make small raspberry-pieces. Add them to the ice cream immediately and let it churn for another 5 minutes.
- For a soft texture consume right now, for a firmer texture place it into a container and put it into the freezer as long as you like.
(recipe adapted from http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/)
To get a printed version: Download the pdf. (Both English and German versions available!)