Here comes something very healthy! Yes, I am being serious. 😉
As my Mum was sick last week,I wanted to make a little health-booster for her – and even even if it didn’t make her get well at once, its wonderfully refreshing flavour did at least cheer her up a great deal.
So, whether you want to prevent/fight a cold or maybe just have a healthy (and besides very good-looking) dessert, this is just the recipe for you!
Get-Well Drink and Dessert
Sooo many vitamins and wonderfully refreshing, too – a real health-booster!
Preparation time: about 15 min
serves 2 generously
- 2 grapefruits
- 2 oranges
- 1 kaki (persimmon)
- 1 mango
- 1 kiwi
- 4 tbsp. cane sugar
- ½ dl water
- Juice 1 grapefruit and 1 orange.
- Halve the other grapefruit and cut out the fruit pulp carefully (without hurting the skin of the grapefruit). Cut the pulp into bite-size pieces. Cut the skin in a zig-zag-pattern (see pictures).
- Fillet the other orange and cut the kaki, mango and kiwi.
- Combine the fruit chunks to a fruit salad and add 1 tablespoon of cane sugar.
- Put 3 tablespoons of cane sugar and ½ dl water in a pot and bring to boil. Add the mixture, when cooled, to the fruit juice.
- Fill the fruit salad into the „grapefruit-bowls“ and serve together with the fruit juice.
To get a printed version: Download the pdf.
(Both English and German versions available!)