It’s summertime – that means a lot of sunshine (well, not too much right now, but soon, hopefully!), beach (not here in Switzerland, obviously), bikinis and ice cream. And as you can’t really count on the first two things at the moment, let’s focus on bikinis and ice cream for a second. Because here’s a delicious and clever way to combine them without regret: homemade frozen yoghurt!
It’s even more refreshing than “real” ice cream and, of course, much healthier, which helps regarding that bikini issue…
So here you go:
Banana Frozen Yoghurt with Dark Chocolate
Makes: 8 servings
Active time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30-40 minutes (with an ice cream maker)
- 3 (ripe) bananas
- ¼ Cup of (brown) cane sugar
- ¼ cup of white sugar
- 2 tbsp. of lemon juice
- 500g (1 ¾ cups of) Greek yoghurt
- 60 g (⅓ cup) of dark chocolate
- Cut the banana into rough chunks and put them into a bowl or a measuring cup.
- Add the sugar and lemon juice and blend.
- Add the Greek yoghurt. Blend again. Taste and add a bit of sugar or lemon juice if necessary.
- Put into the ice cream maker and start freezing according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Chop the dark chocolate and add when the mixture is half-frozen. Continue churning until done.
- For a soft texture consume right now, for a firmer texture place it into a container and put into the freezer as long as you like. Enjoy!
To get a printed version: Download the pdf.
(Both English and German versions available!)